Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A lot can happen in 10 years....

I really enjoyed listening to all of the senior's interviews...they were very entertaining and interesting! I was actually surprised that so many of them had a pretty good plan for when they graduate. My favorite interview was probably Nathan Rebelo's because he was so sure about what he wants to do with his life. He wants to be an architect, it is his passion and he said that he wants to "put his stamp on society." This stood out to me because he is determined to do something productive so he can get the best out of life. The other thing that I enjoyed about his interview was that he talked about the college he is hoping to go to and how he wants to "spread my wings." I am a lot like this too; my parents want me to stay in Ft. Wayne and go to IPFW for two years, but I want to get away and live on my own and be my own person.
  Not all of the students' interviews were very realistic, in fact one girl named Shauna Casale said she could see her self as a big shot movie star in 10 years. I give her props for having such a big dream, I mean who doesn't want to see their name in lights? Even, I have often found myself wanting to be in the spotlight as a big shot on Broadway, But I know that the odds of me ever making it are very slim. So, I just hope that Shauna has a back up and isn't too disappointed if her dream never comes true (I really hope it does though, I admire people with big dreams). 
  In ten years, I could see myself with a steady teaching job (cross my fingers the the market gets better), maybe I will even be married or at least engaged :) and I want to start off by living in an apartment with a roomate, I think that would be very fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment