Thursday, March 17, 2011

No Day But Today

Renee Elise Goldsberry:
she is my favorite Mimi
I am a huuggeee Broadway nerd, I love love love musicals (especially the really old ones with the really show-tuney songs). As you all have probably realized I especially enjoy the musicals Wicked and RENT. They are my two absolute favorites. I rend to waver back and forth between which one I like more, I guess it just depends on my mood. Well, for the past couple of weeks I have leaned more towards the RENT side; mainly because it was just at the Civic theatre and I went to go see it. So, I've been a little "obsessed" with it lately. I have the last Broadway performance (which was filmed live like in movie form) on my ipod and I love the cast, so I've been mainly watching/listening to that, but I also have the movie soundtrack, the actual movie, and a cd of the best songs by the original Broadway cast (yeah, I know that's a LOT, but hey it's worth it!) Basically, I have the song "Out Tonight" on my ipod 3 times...each one is sung my a different Mimi..Ha!

Anyways....the reason I wanted to make this blog was not to show you all how crazy in love I am with RENT, but to announce that IT WILL BE RETURNING TO NEW YORK CITY ON JULY 14th!!! I am so excited (I bet you couldn't tell). See, the show had its last Broadway performance in 2008 and they did this huge thing on Tony's. Usually when a show leaves Broadway it is YEARS before it comes back. Take West Side Story for example, it was on Broadway ages ago and now it's back. Well, I never thought RENT would be back in only 3 years! The only bummer is that it's not technically going to be on Broadway, the thing that I read said it's going to be an "off-Broadway" production. If and when I go to see it in New York, I don't really think that I will care where exactly it is located :)


Mark and Roger...the're roomate and Best Friends :)

I decided to blog about this today because tomorrow the auditions start. Just think, while we're at school trudging through our day, hundreds of people will be auditioning for the chance to play the unforgettable characters Mark, Roger, Mimi, Maureen, Joanne, Collins, or Angel. I am looking forward to finding out who the cast will be :) Ahhhh! I just am so excited!!

Roger and Mimi :) My favorite pair


No comments:

Post a Comment