Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An amazing 3rd quarter....

Wow! We only have one quarter left until we're SENIORS!! I have had so much fun in etymology this quarter and have learned so so so much! I officially believe that I can successfully write one heck of an essay now...well descriptive ones at least :D Not only have I been open to more "fancy" adjectives, but I have also broadened my vocabulary skills (even though sometimes the tests are agony). I actually think that this class helped me on my SAT (which is good cuz that's why  I am taking it). On the test, I was extremely confident when it came to the grammar and vocab sections. There were words that we studied on the test!!

The other thing I have absolutely loved doing this quarter is all of my reading. I am a book nerd, I love love love reading!! Some of my favorite books I have read were The Hunger Games, Sundays at Tiffany's, and Beastly. I also am so into the book I am currently reading. I have discovered this quarter that I mainly enjoy reading pop fiction. In this pop fiction genre, I've noticed that I mainly love reading books that are or will become movies. About half of the books I've read are already movies or will eventually become movies.

For the fourth quarter I am going to try and read more novels by the author Jodi Picoult. She has a new book out called Sing You Home. It looks very interesting :) A friend of mine also recommended that I read this book called Atonement. She said it was very good and it takes place "back in the day". I love books that take place in the olden days....most particularly from the 1920s-present.

I am looking forward to what's to come in the future of this class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment