Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teenage Driving: What are the risks?

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/03/teenagers-friends-and-bad-decisions/?src=me&ref=general

This article is all about Teenage driving. It talks about recent studies that have proven that teenage peer pressure influences teenage driving. I completely agree with the studies. I think that when teenagers drive with their friends in the car, they feel like they need to show off and act "cool"; causing them to make some really stupid and sometimes fatal decisions. Now, I don't believe that all teenagers feel the pressure when driving with their friends. In fact, whenever I'm a passenger in my friends car, they always show responsibility and are super careful. Granted, that could be because my mom practically threatens their lives, but it also has to do with the fact that I understand that driving is not something to mess around with. I don't mess around with my friends while they're driving because I'm pretty sure that they don't want to get in an accident as much as I don't. Overall, I thought the smart people that created this article pretty much hit this issue dead-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment