Monday, February 28, 2011

And The Oscar Goes To....

Last night was the 83rd annual Academy awards! I watch the Oscars every year; I love celebrating amazing movies and seeing everyone all so fancy shmancy, so I thought I would give a little review of what I thought of them!

Best Dressed
Although everyone looked abolutely stunning in their designer gowns and tuxes, I would have to say that Jennifer Hudsun looked the best. She wore a tangerine colored halter dress that totally showed off her new curves and slim figure. I also loved the style of the gown; it was tighter up on top, but it flowed out when it reached the ground. It was gorgeous! Her diamond braclets and ring completed the outfit and gave Jennifer Hudsun that extra sparkle!







The Hosts: Anne Hathaway and James Franco

This was dress 1 of 8 haha

Personally I thought these guys were terrible. I am glad that the academy was trying to bring younger stars in to host and everything, but I just don't think that these two were ready. I mean, James Franco just kind of looked like he was bored the entire time and the expression on his face seemed to say "let's just get to the after parties already!" I do have to say that when he came out in that pink dress, I about peed my pants. He looked ridiculous! haha.
  Now on to Anne Hathaway...I used to really like her, but based on her attitude last night, I really don't know how much I like her anymore. She wore EIGHT different outfits for crying out loud! Why on earth did she need to change so much?!?! I think the thing that bugged me the most was her over enthusiasm she had when she presented each line. I get that she was probably really excited and really nervous, but did she really need to laugh at every little thing James Franco said?
   If I had to pick one moment I really enjoyed with the two of them, it would have to be their opener. I actually thought that was pretty funny and cool how they went into different movies and such.


Best part of the show
My favorite part of the entire show was when they autotuned clips from different movies into a mash up video. It featured clips from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Toy Story 3, The Social Network, and Eclipse. I thought it was really well done and very funny! The funniest part for me was the part with HP7. See, for some strange reason I find that scene in the movie really funny and I laugh everytime I see it. So, now that they did this to it, I am going to think of this every time I watch the movie and I'm going to crack up.

And the Oscar goes to... (a few of my favorite/most interesting winners)
Best Original Song- Toy Story 3 won the Oscar for best original song in a movie. It was up against a song from Tangled, 127 hours, and Country Strong. I kind of wanted the song from Tangled to win because I love Mandy Moore's voice and I thought the movie was really good, but I am also happy that Toy Story 3 won. It was a good movie too :)
From Left: Christian Bale(best supporting actor),
Natalie Portman, Melissa Leo, and Colin Firth
Best Actress in a leading role-Natalie Portman won this Oscar and I totally think she deserved it. I haven't seen Black Swan yet, but I've heard good things and I've seen clips from the movie.  From what i've seen and heard I think she did a really good job. I can't wait to actually see the movie :)
Best Actor in a leading Role- Colin Firth won this Oscar. I don't really know much about him or the other nominees ( I really wanted Jesse Eisenberg to win) so I don't reall have much to say about him. I did like his acceptance speech though, he kept saying that he was having impulses in which he felt like he needed to go dance. It was very funny :)
Best Supporting Actress- Melissa Leo won this Oscar. Her acceptence speech was so embarrassing.  I felt so embarrassed for her! She just went on and on and on and then all of a sudden she dropped the big F-bomb and it was just a mess :( I have a feeling this will be a speech that everyone remembers :)   


Overall, this years Oscars had its ups and its downs. It probably will be remembered and then forgotten, but it was still fun to watch. I can't wait until next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment