Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sundays at Tiffany's pgs. 1-34

by: James Patterson

Summary:
The book starts in an ice cream shop.  Jane is an eight year old girl who has ordered a chocolate fudge sundae and her friend Michael has ordered lemon sherbet.  They began to play the Jane-and-Michael-Game.  To play the game, they create life stories for the other people in the shop.  Whoever comes up with the best story wins and whoever loses has to pay for the ice cream. The coolest thing abut Michael: he's her imaginary friend.  So when Jane's mom came over to tell her it was time to go, Michael turned invisible (it was pretty sweet).  Vivienne is Jane's mother and she is a Broadway play/musical producer. She pretty much doesn't do anything with Jane except for their weekly outing to get ice cream and go to look at all the diamonds at Tiffany's. She really is a bad mom.

The next day is Jane's birthday and she is really excited because she thinks her mom is going to throw her a birthday party and get her a puppy.  Boy, is she in for a surprise.  It turns out that the so called "party" that her mom threw her was actually a cast party for her latest musical.  The only "birthday" part about it was when Michael invisibly told the pianist that they should sing happy birthday to Jane.  Her dad (hubby number 2 for Vivienne, who is now on hubby number 3) stopped by to give Jane a giant stuffed poodle.  It was the only present she got and it wasn't even a really puppy.  Her night goes from bad to worse when Michael told her that he has to go away.  Apparently, imaginary friends are only allowed to be with their kids until they turn 9.  Right before he leaves, Jane tells Michael that she will always remember and will NEVER forget him.

Response:
I know that I haven't finished the Princess Diaries yet, but I have a good reason. I was recently at the Barnes and noble and I saw that there are a LOT of books in the series, I'm talking like more than 10.  I don't really want to spend my whole semester reading those books, so I decided to give them up, for now at least.  Anyways, I was with my friend at the time and she pointed this book out to me.  She said it was super good and that it was a total tear jerker. I went back the next day and bought it...man  am I glad I did :) I'm only 34 pages in and I can already tell it's gonna be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment