Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Queen of Everything pgs. 160-258

by deb Caletti

Summary:
Chapter 9 begins with Jordan going to her grandpa's gas station to tell him about her dad's relationship with Gayle D'Angelo. She went to tell him because she knew how good her grandpa was good at fixing things, so she assumed he would be able to fix her dad. Well, it turns out that her grandpa just got super mad, and later that night Jordan's dad and grandpa get in a huge fight.

Chapter 10 is a sad sad sad chapter, I don't really want to say what happens because it is pretty important. I will just say that the thing that happens in this chapter causes the dad to go over the edge....he just keeps getting crazier and crazier in love with Gayle D'Angelo, and when I say crazy I literally mean crazy.

In Chapter 11, Jordan's dad seems to have gotten over Gayle because he finally realizes that she's just playing with him, but this only lasts like a few days.  Soon he is right beck where he's started. One night, Jordan and her dad are watching a movie when there was a call from "her" (as Jordan puts it).  Jordan's dad mysteriously disappeared...on Jordan's bike.  Jordan gets so mad that she goes to a scandalous party and does "bad things" (if you know what I mean) with Kale.

The climax of the story occurs in chapter 12...when something HUGE happens (once again I don't want to say what it is because it will basically spoil the whole book). Due to what happened, Jordan lost her job at True You, and she basically lost it.  Chapter 12 ends with Jordan calling Kale and asking him to run away with her...

Response:
So, even though i've gotten to the climax of the story, I still can't say that I'm in love with this book. I mean, it all happened so fast that I actually had to go back and re read part of chapter 12 so I knew what happened. I also think the climactic event was kind of a let down for me...I pretty much already knew what was going to happen by the time the event actually happened.  The author doesn't do a very good job at making it a surprise, she hints at what is going to happen allll ovveerrr the book.  So, when it actually happned I was like "oh. well that sucks".

I hope this book has a happy ending because right now it's not looking like it's going to be very happy.  I think i'm just going to be glad to finish the book and start something new :)

Total pages read: 258/322

No comments:

Post a Comment