Monday, January 31, 2011

Calling all Harry Potter or Twilight Fans! This post is for YOU!

I would like to introduce you all to the world of http://www.mugglenet.com/ and http://twilightsource.com/ !!



First let me talk about Mugglenet.com. This of course is the Harry Potter website, anyone who is familiar with the books and maybe even the movies know that this has to be the Harry Potter site because muggle is what we, humans, are called by the wizards.  Anyways, I encourage you to check out this site if you are fellow fan of everything Harry Potter, like me ;) 
     This website is cool because it's run by these college guys who are total computer wizards (no pun intended).  The site isn't like you average fan site either.  You know, those ones that put every little piece of news out there, and more times than not the stuff they post isn't even true...Well, this site is nothing like that.  It's totally legit. The site has a bunch of other things to look at other than the news posts.  For example, there is a section labeled books and if you click on this section, it will give you a whole list of things to read that are either about J.K Rowling or the books themselves.  My personal favorites to read are called Funny excerpts and Mistakes we've found. 
   The best part about this website is that some of the guys do a podcast called Mugglecast.  I love the guys that do them, they are so hilarious. The podcast is also legit because it is ranked the #1 Harry Potter Podcast on Itunes. I really advise listening to it :D  

Not only am I a huge Harry Potter fan, but I also love Twilight! This website is the go to place for all of you Twi-hards (like myself).  This site is set up a lot like mugglenet (see above), and I'm pretty sure it's because the guy who started this site works on the mugglenet site as well.  The only bummer about this site is that due to the lack of Twilight news lately, there really aren't that many news stories, but I am positive that things will get a rollin later this year when Breaking Dawn (Scheduled to release the day AFTER my birthday...how awesome is that?!?!) starts getting people all hyped up :)
  This site also has a podcast to go with it. The podcast is called imprint and it also the #1 Twilight podcast on Itunes....so as you can see, both twilightsource and mugglenet are pretty good fan sites!

If you are a fan of either Twilight and/or Harry Potter check out the sites and leave me a comment with your thoughts :) I'm anxious to hear if you find them as enjoyable as I do.

1 comment:

  1. Really well done here. I enjoy the Harry Potter posts, too. That's interesting you listen to the podcast--those are things that not a lot of students get into, I don't think.

    Keep up the great work. I'd love to see a little more variety in your personal posts, just to see what else you find interesting in the world.

    ReplyDelete