Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ipads, Laptops, and Wiis Oh my!

I think it is just ridiculous that nowadays people think that the only ways to have fun are if you're playing with the latest downloadable app for your ipod or smart phone. Don't get me wrong, I love technology; I go to my Facebook account almost everyday. I just look back to the good ole days when my family used to have "family Game night" and play our favorite board games after we finished dinner. Now our usual post dinner activities include: my dad checking up on his fantasy football stuff (it's not even football season!), I get the laptop so I can do my blogging for etymology while listening to my ipod, and my mom and two sisters either watch TV or wait until it's their turn for the computer.
  I don't think that all this technology is simply ruining family relationships, I think it also is ruining people's overall well being. I mean if you think about it...why is the obesity rate so high? It sure wasn't back in the 40's and earlier when kids actually had to go outside and play to enjoy life. I mean think about it, if you were given the option to go out and play soccer or sit inside and play Angry Birds on your ipod touch..Which would you choose?
  I think all of this new technology is great and really fun to use, but I think our nation would be a lot better off if these new inventions were used in moderation. Why waste your life away starting at a computer screen when you could be out in the world looking at life for real?

No comments:

Post a Comment