Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Happened to Goodbye...a summary

By: Sarah Dessen

Well, this is sad....this is my very last reading post ever. I have really enjoyed (and hated...not gonna lie) making these posts and it will be sad to never have to do them again....but oh well, life goes on :)

The main character in this book is Mclean. She currently lives with her dad. Her parents are divorced due to this messy affair that her mom had with the University basketball coach (scandalous, I know). Anyway, after a long and messy court debate, it was decided that Mclean would travel with her father. He goes and fixes up restaurants for a living, so he has to travel a lot. In each new city that Mclean lives in, she creates a different identity for herself because she really wants to leave Mclean's life behind, but when her dad is sent to fix up a restaurant in Lakeview, she ends up getting stuck with using her real name again. In Lakeview, she meets this guy named Dave (that's a shocker) and makes real friends. She didn't plan on making friends because she and her dad always move on to a new town after a few months, but making friends just kind of....happened. As she starts to live her life as Mclean again, she realizes that it's ok to have a messed up past as long as their are people in your future that are worth being with.

I was so excited when this book came out. Sarah Dessen is my favorite author (of young adult novels), and I have read every one of her books. I really liked this story, even though it wasn't my favorite. If any of you have read any Sarah Dessen books, I highly recommened this one. It is a fairly easy read and has a mix of drama and romance and funniness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment