Monday, May 16, 2011

Safe Haven...A summary

By: Nicholas Sparks

This was my favorite book I have EVER read by Nicholas Sparks. I think I liked it so much because it was just so different than the other ones I have read by him. In the majority of his books a guy and a girl meet, they fall in love, and someone dies of cancer...then I end up bawling my eyes out even though I knew what was coming. So, when I got into this book, I was surprised to find out that it wasn't anything like I just described...
  The main character in this book is a woman named Katie. She has moved to Southport, a small and safe town in North Carolina. She has a huge and crazy secret that she is trying to run away from. While in Southport, she meets and falls in love with this widowed man named Alex and his two children. Alex's wife had died of cancer (only mention of the disease in the ENTIRE book!) Katie also becomes best friends with her neighbor who has a secret of her own, but I can't tell you what it is because it would ruin the whole story ;) As Katie re-creates her life in Southport, she eventually trusts Alex and Jo with the truth of her past and her reasons for running away (I really want to say, but I don't want to spoil the book or anyone!) Let me just say that the life she left behind a life in which she knew a cccrraazzyy man who was a psyco-path. Anyways, this psycho path eventually discovers where she is hiding and comes after her, but Katie finds a away to be brave and stand up to face all of the horrors of her past.
  I definately recommend this book to all those girls out there who love sappy romance novels...this one will deifinately make you cry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment