Thursday, May 26, 2011

Farrewell...again

So, I thought that May 18th was our last blog day so I created a final post, but now Mr. Hill wants a formalish one. Well, here goes....

(see my previous last post for all the mushy gushy stuff I wrote about this class) This semester I read 5,200 pages of pop literature (minus the few nonfiction pages I tried to read). As I picked up the many many many books I read during this semester, I found that I usually found my self curled up on my couch with something to drink (I like to drink water when I read, it's just some thing I do). When I read at home, I usually like to start my novels with complete silence, but i usually get so into them that half the time I can't hear my mom calling me to dinner. In all of the books, excluding the first book, I have read this semester, I have found that I could not put them down. I typically would start the book at my house and then I would get so into it that I would be sitting in class thinking about when I would get the chance to pick up my book again. I usually read during my math class (I know that's bad) when the teacher was going over our homework, and again in my study hall. Basically I would eat, sleep, and think about each book I read. When I read Water for Elephants, I talked about it with Mrs. Palmer because she had read the book earlier, so when I got to all the good stuff we just talked and talked and talked. I mainly talked about my books with my mom though because we basicially share bookshelves. Either I read a book she's read or she reads a book I've read and then we talk about it. It's kind of like we have our own two person book club! One thing I have learned about myself as a reader is that I really enjoy reading novels that are or will become movies. I love reading and watching the story then picking out similarites and differences. I also have realized that if you put a romance novel in front of, doesn't matter what kind, I will most definately read it and lov it. Overall, I have loved this class and I plan to keep reading and maybe I will make a new blog kind of like this one because I really have enjoyed blogging this semster! (some of my friends want me to make a Glee blog because I love it so much).

Thanks Mr. Hill for being an amazing teacher, this was by far my favorite class this semester :)

No comments:

Post a Comment